Taxplan Consulting Limited has a leading role in providing tax consultancy services
Income Tax Act CAP 486 is continuously undergoing change with respect to both its content through parliament and its interpretation by Revenue Authority and courts. Sound action on tax matters is essential and requires tax planning. Tax payers therefore need to be abreast with the changes in tax laws that affect their businesses and themselves.
Our tax advisory services address the needs and objectives of our clients, enabling them to balance compliance with value creation. We have a strong team of tax specialists that enhances our client business by anticipating the strategic opportunities and risks that may impact their tax situation.
Our full-service team assists in all aspects regarding tax planning and compliance.
Our taxes services include:-
i. Tax Compliance
Tax compliance services involve handling regular tax compliance and reporting on behalf of our clients and include the following:-
- Reviewing annual financial statements for tax issues during the course of the audit;
- Preparing income tax computations;
- Advising on the tax position;
- Preparing and submitting annual tax returns
- Computing and advising on the annual income tax installment payments.
- Representing clients in Revenue Authority tax audits and administrative hearings.
- Assisting our clients in dealing with the Revenue Authority with regard to complicated and time-consuming issues that might arise from tax audits.
- Helping our clients to comply with the local tax laws to keep abreast with all the changes therein.
- Advising clients on their tax obligations, implications and best alternatives
- Assisting our clients with tax planning to optimize their tax position
- Negotiating and mediating for clients on all tax issues with the tax authorities.
- Advising clients on tax efficient structuring of their businesses.
- Handling estimated assessment objections and attending tax tribunal hearings
- Provide clients with compliance assistance in meeting all Governmental regulations for income, Value Added Tax (VAT), payroll and excise taxes.
- Keeping clients well informed of current tax developments and changes.
- Filing of annual self-assessment tax returns for businesses and individuals
- Securing registration for Sole proprietorships, PIN, PAYE, VAT, NSSF and NHIF.
- Handling all general tax matters with Domestic Tax Department
- Providing clients with regular updates on changes in tax law and their impact on business firms, non-business organizations, and individuals.
ii. Tax Health-Checks
This involves reviewing in-house tax operations, which include income taxes, PAYE tax, withholding tax, VAT as well as Customs and Excise duties for purposes of ensuring compliance and establishing any possible tax planning opportunities.
iii. Tax Consultancy and Advisory services
This covers a wide range of services including tax planning, tax consultation to assist business decision-making and planning, providing answers to specific tax enquiries, preparing industry or company tax position papers, for example for lobbying purposes and tax due diligence investigations. We also evaluate clients’ tax risks exposure and work closely with the client to mitigate the risks.